Jeffrey Nock no longer employed by University of Iowa following sexual-harassment allegations

Formerly a lecturer in the Tippie College of Business, Jeffrey Nock is no longer employed by the UI after being issued criminal trespassing and harassment warnings in April for his conduct at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.

A+protester+holds+their+sign+during+the+Jeffery+Nock+protest+outside+of+the+Pappajohn+Business+Building+on+Aug.+30%2C+2018.+Students+and+faculty+turned+out+to+protest+Professor+Jeffery+B.+Nock%2C+who+is+still+employed+at+the+university+despite+issued+a+criminal+trespass+warning+after+allegedly+taking+photographs+of+women+at+the+Campus+Recreation+and+Wellness+Center.+
A protester holds their sign during the Jeffery Nock protest outside of the Pappajohn Business Building on Aug. 30, 2018. Students and faculty turned out to protest Professor Jeffery B. Nock, who is still employed at the university despite issued a criminal trespass warning after allegedly taking photographs of women at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.

Katie Goodale

Katie Goodale

Marissa Payne, Managing Editor

Following allegations of sexual harassment in the spring, Jeffrey Nock, a Tippie College of Business lecturer, is “no longer employed by the University of Iowa,” Jeneane Beck, the UI assistant vice president for External Relations, informed The Daily Iowan on Thursday.

Law-enforcement officials and witnesses at the Campus Recreation & Wellness Center reported that Nock had taken photographs of women while they exercised.

He was issued criminal trespassing and harassment warnings in April, according to an incident report. A harassment warning does not carry a legal consequence until it is violated, which can lead to harassment or other criminal charges.

Nock began teaching at the UI as an adjunct lecturer in 2012, and he was named a lecturer in 2014. Nock was also president and CEO of Goodwill of the Heartland from 2008-2012 but resigned because of a personnel issue.

UI community members gathered Aug. 30 outside the Pappajohn Business Building to protest Nock’s employment. He was not scheduled to teach classes this fall, though he was still employed at the time.

Marissa Payne, Managing Editor
Email: [email protected] Twitter: @marissa42_ Marissa Payne is the Managing Editor of The Daily Iowan. She started working at the DI her freshman year as a news reporter covering the UI administration and Iowa Board of Regents, and also as a page designer. Additionally, she has served as News Editor and Digital Editor. During her sophomore year,...
  • Jeffrey Nock no longer employed by University of Iowa following sexual-harassment allegations

Students now required to apply for UI Honors program

University of Iowa no longer a top-20 party school

Nite Ride releases new app to help reduce waiting times

Twin UI sophomores double as YouTube celebrities

Office of Sustainability manages new director, integration into CLAS

UI student receives Fulbright Grant to study in Bulgaria

Many factors contribute to 20-year ADHD increase, UI researchers say

UISG, GPSG hopes to increase student voter turnout through Voter Registration Week

Nobel Peace Prize nominee speaks at UI about medical field struggles in India

Ombudsperson office released annual report on demographics of people seeking help