Jeffrey Nock no longer employed by University of Iowa following sexual-harassment allegations

Formerly a lecturer in the Tippie College of Business, Jeffrey Nock is no longer employed by the UI after being issued criminal trespassing and harassment warnings in April for his conduct at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.

A+protester+holds+their+sign+during+the+Jeffery+Nock+protest+outside+of+the+Pappajohn+Business+Building+on+Aug.+30%2C+2018.+Students+and+faculty+turned+out+to+protest+Professor+Jeffery+B.+Nock%2C+who+is+still+employed+at+the+university+despite+issued+a+criminal+trespass+warning+after+allegedly+taking+photographs+of+women+at+the+Campus+Recreation+and+Wellness+Center.+

Katie Goodale

A protester holds their sign during the Jeffery Nock protest outside of the Pappajohn Business Building on Aug. 30, 2018. Students and faculty turned out to protest Professor Jeffery B. Nock, who is still employed at the university despite issued a criminal trespass warning after allegedly taking photographs of women at the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center.

Marissa Payne, Managing Editor

Following allegations of sexual harassment in the spring, Jeffrey Nock, a Tippie College of Business lecturer, is “no longer employed by the University of Iowa,” Jeneane Beck, the UI assistant vice president for External Relations, informed The Daily Iowan on Thursday.

Law-enforcement officials and witnesses at the Campus Recreation & Wellness Center reported that Nock had taken photographs of women while they exercised.

He was issued criminal trespassing and harassment warnings in April, according to an incident report. A harassment warning does not carry a legal consequence until it is violated, which can lead to harassment or other criminal charges.

Nock began teaching at the UI as an adjunct lecturer in 2012, and he was named a lecturer in 2014. Nock was also president and CEO of Goodwill of the Heartland from 2008-2012 but resigned because of a personnel issue.

UI community members gathered Aug. 30 outside the Pappajohn Business Building to protest Nock’s employment. He was not scheduled to teach classes this fall, though he was still employed at the time.