Iowa City police look to identify subjects in downtown-assault investigation

The Iowa City Police Department put out photos on social media Wednesday, asking the public for help in identifying three male subjects.

Iowa City Police

Iowa City Police

Iowa City Police

Gage Miskimen, Editor in Chief

Iowa City police seek to identify three male subjects in connection with an assault that was reported on July 29.

Police Public Information Officer Derek Frank said the department is investigating the case. Police released a photo and case number on the morning of Aug. 15 via Facebook and Twitter, asking for assistance in identifying the three subjects.

Facebook

A woman identifying herself as a good friend of the victim’s family reported on Aug. 13 via Facebook that three men assaulted the person in a downtown Iowa City parking ramp. Iowa City police have confirmed that an assault at the Old Capitol Town Center parking ramp was reported on July 29.

If people have information about the attack, they may contact the police at (319) 356-5276 or Iowa City Area CrimeStoppers at (319) 358-TIPS with information and refer to ICR 2018007228.

Gage Miskimen, Editor in Chief
Email: [email protected] Twitter: gagemisky Gage Miskimen is the current Editor in Chief at The Daily Iowan. He has worked at the DI all four years of his college career, starting out as a news reporter covering city council and Johnson County supervisors. He founded DI Films his sophomore year, bringing back the DI’s video section...
  • Iowa City police look to identify subjects in downtown-assault investigation

Blotter: Sept. 21

Firm sues ACT for disclosing confidential and sensitive information about test-takers

Man charged in Mollie Tibbetts’ death pleads not guilty

Iowa City man accused of domestic abuse

Texas man found with anabolic steroids

Blotter: Sept. 19

Blotter: Sept. 18

Lawsuit against University of Iowa presidential search committee settled

Blotter: Sept. 17

North Liberty man accused of fighting his mother