The Daily Break (02/23/18)

HOROSCOPES

ARIES (March 21-April 19): Keep a lid on any temptation to get angry or show emotions that will make you look weak or difficult to work with. Do everything in your power to live up to your promises and to finish what you start. 4 stars

TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Avoid any form of aggression. Don’t take action based on emotions or anger. It’s important to avoid going into debt helping others. It’s good to be generous, but don’t put yourself in a bad position financially, emotionally or legally. 3 stars

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Emotions will be difficult to control. Consider how to best handle your relationships with others. Listen carefully, gather the facts and aim to be respectful and diplomatic moving forward. Protect your personal information and passwords from anyone prone to nosiness. 3 stars

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Be careful of someone from your past trying to cause problems for you now. Don’t leave anything to chance, and be prepared to defend your position. Integrity combined with diplomacy will win in the end. 3 stars

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Spending lavishly or showing off to impress someone will turn into a costly affair that will leave you in a vulnerable position financially. You will do better if you offer kindness and romantic gestures instead. 4 stars

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Problems will develop at home or within personal relationships if you share private information openly. Protect the ones you love and don’t allow an outsider to interfere in your personal life or decisions. 2 stars

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Communication will be difficult if you or someone you are dealing with is not open and honest regarding feelings, intentions and future plans. If you feel uncertain, ask questions and look for peaceful ways to rectify any problem that arises. 5 stars

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Let your intuition guide you. Someone will mislead you or offer you false hope. Get whatever you negotiate in writing before you make plans to spend money or get involved in something that requires time and effort. 3 stars

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Emotional matters will surface. Be careful what you agree to or promise others. Someone will hold you accountable if you don’t live up to expectations. Stick close to home and avoid disputes with friends, relatives or peers. 3 stars

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Someone will take advantage of you if you are too gullible. Don’t believe everything you hear. An emotional situation will throw you off guard, causing you to make mistakes that can be costly. Don’t share personal information. 3 stars

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Rely on your own instincts to help you make wise choices regarding your lifestyle, domestic arrangements and how you earn your living. An emotional situation should be handled openly and honestly. Question someone’s facts if they don’t add up. 5 stars

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): You’ll have to win over those in key positions. Choose your words wisely and only put pressure on those you want to persuade to see things your way. A show of force will only lead to resistance. 2 stars

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

From Iowa to Israel: The search for my Jewish identity

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

Mayflower operates at 60% capacity to give returners on-campus living space

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

UI cystic-fibrosis research team awarded $11.5 million grant

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

UI students petition for birth control

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

UI faculty promoting healthier habits to reduce Iowa’s high obesity rate

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

New Iowa City animal services coordinator named

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

UIHC Stead Youth Advisory Council celebrates 20 years of making care better

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

Fourth Magnet designation for excellence granted to UI nursing program

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

Cedar Rapids man accused of eluding officers after going 107 mph on highway

• The Daily Break (02/23/18)

Blotter: Sept. 24