The Daily Break (02/13/18)

HOROSCOPES

ARIES (March 21-April 19): Emotional matters will escalate quickly, requiring you to think fast to counter any problems. Remain calm and refuse to let anyone pressure you into something you feel isn’t in your best interest. Focus on positive accomplishments. 2 stars

TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Make a concerted effort to do things for the benefit of everyone, including you. The more versatile your actions are, the easier it will be to convince others to help you reach your goal. Offer peace, not pressure. 5 stars

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): A business trip or meeting will bring about new ideas and positive changes. Don’t sit back when you can be instrumental in the way things move forward. Your input will prove that you are ready to take on more responsibilities. 5 stars

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Take a closer look at your personal finances. Emotional spending should be monitored carefully. Question every purchase and the motives you have for spending money. Use your skills and talents to come up with ideas that don’t cost money. 3 stars

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Nurture the relationships that are healthy and helpful and reconsider your connection to those who promote reckless spending or irresponsible behavior. Positive personal changes should be your top priority. 3 stars

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Live within your means and only promise what you know you can deliver. Too much of anything will lead to trouble. Keep your life simple and your plans moderate. Offer love and affection instead of trying to buy favors. 3 stars

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Shy away from people who are too conservative or not able to grasp what you are trying to accomplish. It’s best not to present what you are working toward until you have a finished product that will hold up under scrutiny. 5 stars

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Refuse to let your emotions or insecurities take over. Put your ego aside and be willing to go the distance for someone you love. What you have to offer will be worth more than you can imagine. The end result will be surprisingly good. 2 stars

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Embrace what life has to offer. Participate and take pride in what you know and do well. Your steady pace forward will send a message to anyone who doubts you. Think big, but stick to what works best. 3 stars

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Emotional impulses must be monitored carefully. Jumping into action or saying something risky or impractical will lead to hardship. Exercise caution, willpower and patience when dealing with friends and relatives. 3 stars

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Get involved in something that will help you bring about self-improvements. An exercise routine or activity that will fine-tune your mind and body will not go unnoticed. Romance is in the stars and will encourage personal stability. 3 stars.

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Keep your projects small and doable. If you expand too quickly or let someone interfere, you will not reach your target or receive the credit you deserve for your hard work and contributions. 4 stars

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

New CEO announced for University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

Johnson County Crisis Center expands service to food-insecure residents

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

DITV: UI Class of 2022 kicks it off at Kinnick

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

Green houses and green thumbs in eco-friendly cohousing

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

UI research engineer named Iowa’s state geologist

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

On Iowa 2018 embraces new Hawkeyes

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

Man accused of trafficking stolen weapons

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

Blotter: July 17-19, 2018

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

UIHC recognized as top treatment center for Parkinson’s Disease

• The Daily Break (02/13/18)

U.S. Attorney General Sessions continues criticizing lower courts’ stalling of Trump policies