Ten albums released ten years ago

The Jonas Brothers arrive at the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, on Jan. 31, 2010. (Jay L. Clendenin/Los Angeles Times/MCT)

Natalie Betz, [email protected]

1) Beyoncé: I am … Sasha Fierce

I am … Sasha Fierce turns 10, so you know what that means … “Single Ladies (Put a Ring on it)” does as well. The album also includes “Halo” and “If I Were a Boy.”

2) Coldplay: Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends

Viva La Viva, both the album and single celebrate their 10th birthday. The single’s unique mix of orchestral melodies and pop beats set it apart from most of the songs on the radio at the time.

3) Fall Out Boy: Folie à Deux

Fall Out Boy’s fourth studio album was released on Jan. 1, featuring “What A Catch, Donnie,” “America’s Suitehearts,” “I Don’t Care,” and “20 Dollar Nose Bleed.”

4) Jonas Brothers: A Little Bit Longer

At the height of the group’s fame, the Disney brothers released their third album with “Love Bug” and “Burning Up.” The album is the third in three years; they released CDs in 2006, 2007, and 2008.

5) Kanye West: 808s & Heartbreaks

Kanye made Auto-Tune cool with this album. The record has themes of a breakup, and his song “Heartless” following the theme, was a huge hit.

RELATED: DI Arts staff looks back on 2017

6) Katy Perry: One of the Boys

2008 was the year of current pop stars launching their careers, and Katy Perry is no exception. She released her album containing the hits “Hot ’N’ Cold,” “Waking Up In Vegas,” and “I Kissed a Girl.”

7) Lady Gaga: The Fame

Lady Gaga launched her career with her début album, The Fame. “Just Dance,” “LoveGame,” “Paparazzi,” and “Pokerface” all climbed the charts in a matter of weeks, putting Gaga on the map.

8) Miley Cyrus: Breakout

“7 Things,” “Breakout,” “Wake Up America,” and a “See You Again” remix were all released on this album. Breakout was the first album all Miley Cyrus that wasn’t associated with Hannah Montana. Her album Meet Miley Cyrus was released with the Hannah Montana 2 CD.

9) Panic! At the Disco: Pretty Odd

Pretty Odd features Panic! At the Disco’s experimental Beatle-esque phase, featuring its hits “Nine in the Afternoon,” and “That Green Gentleman.”

10. Taylor Swift: Fearless

Breaking out of her country phase, compared with her first, self-titled album, Taylor Swift released Fearless, the album that began her huge fandom following. The album includes “Love Story,” “You Belong with Me,” and “Fifteen.” It’s hard to believe it’s been 10 years since Swift’s and Joe Jonas’ breakup was the biggest gossip.

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Q+A: Grey Area music festival host discusses Iowa’s music scene and event planning

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Hofferber: Nathaniel Rateliff, Sturgill Simpson bending genre boundaries

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Hinterland’s first night closes, Tash Sultana a smashing standout

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Arts

IC Ghost Tour tries to spook locals

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Arts

IC tribute band to celebrate Jerry Garcia’s birthday

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Arts

Hinterland on the horizon

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Arts

Metal madness to meddle with IC

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Music

Putting the ‘Hot’ into the ‘Tang’

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Arts

A bucking-bronco bond

• Ten albums released ten years ago

Music

RAGBRAI riders to lace up their music shoes