Warrant issued for the arrest of Cedar Rapids woman on criminal-mischief charge

File (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

File (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

File (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

Authorities have issued a warrant for the arrest of a Cedar Rapids woman on a criminal-mischief charge.

Kayla Weber, 28, is suspected of second-degree criminal mischief and third-degree theft in connection with an incident on Sept. 17.

According to the affidavit, an officer arrived at the Iowa City Walmart after getting a call about a stolen TV. The affidavit said a manager told the officer that a woman, later identified as Weber by a CrimeStoppers tip, took a TV to the garden area and tried to leave through a locked glass door.

Weber cut a hole in a plastic door next to the locked door, the affidavit said, and left with the TV in a waiting vehicle outside. The replacement cost of the roll-up plastic door is $6,000, the affidavit said.

The TV was pawned at a pawn shop later by Weber’s boyfriend, the affidavit said; it was valued at $268.

Weber has two previous theft convictions, the affidavit said, one in 2014 and the other in 2015.

Second-degree criminal mischief is a Class-D felony.

— Kayli Reese

• Warrant issued for the arrest of Cedar Rapids woman on criminal-mischief charge

Cedar Rapids man accused of eluding officers after going 107 mph on highway

Blotter: Sept. 24

UI Student Security kicks off third year of operations

Iowa City man suspected of sexually abusing a minor

Rockford man assaulted officer, damaged squad car

Cedar Rapids man accused of cashing forged checks

Blotter: Sept. 21 – Sept. 23

Blotter: Sept. 21

Firm sues ACT for disclosing confidential and sensitive information about test-takers

Man charged in Mollie Tibbetts’ death pleads not guilty