UI students David Broughton and Hannah Sullivan study inside a group room at the Main Library on Sunday, Dec. 10, 2017. With finals week approaching many students are spending time studying at locations such as the library.(Charles Peckman/The Daily Iowan)

This Week in Photos (12/10/17)

Thomas Rietz, Departmental Executive Officer and Professor of Finance at UI, poses in front of the Pomerantz Center on Monday, Dec. 4, 2017. With the relinquishing of the MBA through the Tippie College of Business, the UI has implemented a Masters of Finance for students who wish to pursue continuing education in the finance department. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

The Campus Recreation and Wellness Center hosted the first day of USA Swimming Junior Nationals on Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017. Both men's and women's will compete from Dec. 6-9. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Michael Zahs at the Old Capitol Senate Chamber on Saturday, Dec. 9. (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa's Andy Jatis completes a Pole Vault during the annual Black and Gold Intrasquad Meet at the UI Recreation Building on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017. The Hawkeyes will host the next meet on January 13. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

An Iowa player guards the ball during the Iowa/Arkansas-Pine Bluff basketball game in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017. The Hawkeyes defeated the Golden Lions, 85-45. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa guard Tyler Cook (5) celebrates a slam dunk during the game between Iowa and Southern at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Sunday, Dec. 10. Iowa went on to defeat Southern 91-60. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Brooks Jackson, VP of Medical Affairs at UI, poses for a portrait during his welcoming event at Kinnick Stadium on Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2017 . (James Year/The Daily Iowan)

An interview with VP for Student Life Melissa Shivers on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Swimmers compete during day three of the USA Swimming West Junior Nationals in Iowa City on Saturday, Dec. 9, 2017. (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)