The Daily Break (12/06/17)

HOROSCOPES

ARIES (March 21-April 19): An important relationship will suffer if you get into an emotional spat. Turn a blind eye to the flaws you see in someone and reflect more on your own. Personal awareness and growth will bring you better results. 2 stars

TAURUS (April 20-May 20): Make positive changes at home or to the way you live. Taking charge of your investments and life goals will help you make wiser choices with regard to how you earn, handle and spend your money. Don’t be fooled by get-rich-quick schemes. 4 stars

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Self-improvement is featured along with relationships. If you make a unique offer, you will pique someone’s interest, but before doing so, make sure you can produce what you promise. A faulty plan will make you appear unreliable. 4 stars

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Put your time and energy into handling your financial affairs, boosting your income and working toward advancement. Update your resume and check the online job market, or try applying your skills and qualifications more diversely. 3 stars

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): It’s best to be secretive until you know exactly where you stand. Whether dealing with friends, colleagues or the powers that be, listen carefully and formulate exactly what you want and need to move forward. Personal gains look promising. 3 stars

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): Refuse to let anyone answer for you or take over your responsibilities. Make your own decisions, be innovative in the way you handle others, and stay secretive about your future plans. Preparation will be the key to success. 3 stars

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): Stay focused on doing a better job of making changes to the way you handle your responsibilities. Short trips will lead to new ideas and possibilities. A business or personal partnership will help improve your current situation. 2 stars

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): A business trip or event will offer you new information that could help you reinvent how you use your skills and qualifications. The people you encounter will spark your imagination. Don’t take risks that can lead to injury. 5 stars

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Take action and do your best to resolve issues or concerns you have. Helping others physically will bring about change and turn you into a lifesaver. The rewards will be greater than anticipated. Personal improvements are encouraged. 3 stars

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Pressure will build and conversations will turn into arguments if you aren’t careful in choosing the right words to express your feelings. Listen carefully and be prepared to back away from a no-win situation. Secrets are best kept for now. 3 stars

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Emotional spending will lead to added stress. Refuse to let your anger prevail. Use your intelligence, and allow your ability to make a difference rise to the surface. If you love what you do, you will do a good job. Romance is highlighted. 3 stars

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): A situation is likely to become explosive if you have overspent or signed a document that binds you to a commitment you can’t fulfill. Tread carefully when dealing with situations that can be costly financially, emotionally and physically. 5 stars

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

From Iowa to Israel: The search for my Jewish identity

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

Mayflower operates at 60% capacity to give returners on-campus living space

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

UI cystic-fibrosis research team awarded $11.5 million grant

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

UI students petition for birth control

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

UI faculty promoting healthier habits to reduce Iowa’s high obesity rate

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

New Iowa City animal services coordinator named

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

UIHC Stead Youth Advisory Council celebrates 20 years of making care better

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

Fourth Magnet designation for excellence granted to UI nursing program

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

Cedar Rapids man accused of eluding officers after going 107 mph on highway

• The Daily Break (12/06/17)

Blotter: Sept. 24