Tom Petersen of Durant, IA looks at the wares for sale at the Winter Thieves' Market in the IMU on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017. Mr. Petersen is a graduate of the University of Iowa, class of 1966, where he was a marketing and advertising major. (David Harmantas/The Daily Iowan)

This Week in Photos (12/03/17)

In this multiple exposure image, dancers perform in the Department of Dance’s collaborative performance, Point.0 at Space Place Theater on Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017. (David Harmantas/The Daily Iowan)

A Christmas tree is seen at First United Methodist Church on Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Fiona Grey performs during a show at Yacht Club on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. 3 groups performed including Hep Cat, Lily DeTaeye, and Fiona Grey. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Nicholas Baer is interviewed during a men's basketball on Friday, Dec. 1, 2017. The Hawkeyes will have their Big Ten opener against Penn State on Dec. 2. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa sophomore Brandon Wong runs towards a vault during the Black and Gold intrasquad in the Field House on Friday, Dec. 1, 2017. The Hawkeyes men’s gymnastics team debuted their 2018 roster during the event. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa guard Kathleeen Doyle dribbles the ball during the Iowa/Samford basketball game at Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Sunday, Dec. 3, 2017. The Hawkeyes defeated the Bulldogs, 80-59. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa's Nicole Chow high fives teammates during the Black and Gold Intrasquad meet at the Field House on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2017.  The Gold team defeated the Black team, 13-7. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

UI students play volleyball during a charity hosted by Team Hawkeye Water to Thrive event at the Field House on Sunday, Dec. 3. The goal of the charity is to construct wells in other countries. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Austin Wicke performs in a dress rehearsal for Fun Home at Mabie Theater on Wednesday, Nov. 29. Fun Home is a production based off of Alison Bechdel's graphic memoir of the same name which entails the story of a girl's relationship with her father, discussing topics on gender roles, sexuality, and interpersonal relationships. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)