Today’s Photos (11/30/17)

NICK ROHLMAN
Iowa City based band Hep Cat performs at the Yacht Club in Iowa City on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. The members of Hep Cat met each other at the skate park and usually open for other acts in Iowa City. On tonight’s headliner, Fiona Grey, one band member said “It’s the first band we’ve opened for that’s had condoms for merch, so that’s pretty interesting.” (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)
Community ambassadors hold a ribbon during a ribbon cutting event for the Hilton Garden Inn on Clinton Street on Thursday, Nov., 30, 2017. The 12th floor of the hotel features a rooftop bar and restaurant that is open to the public. The hotel opened in October. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Cedar Falls City Council Member Nick Taiber speaking in Schaffer Hall on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. The speech had to do with the directions of our government and was in collaboration with Young Americans for Liberty. (Ashley Morris/The Daily Iowan)
A child plays with a ribbon at the Iowa City Public Library on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. Kids in attendance were read excerpts from “The Nutcracker” and taught ballet steps. (Shivansh Ahuja/The Daily Iowan)
Fiona Grey performs during a show at Yacht Club on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. 3 groups performed including Hep Cat, Lily DeTaeye, and Fiona Grey. (Ben Allan Smith/The Daily Iowan)
The AIDS memorial quilt is seen in the Old Capitol Museum on Thursday, Nov. 30, 2017. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)