In Their Own Words: Semester almost over for UI students

Welcome back, Hawkeyes. We hope you all had a relaxing break. But as fellow students, we also know how easy it is to procrastinate. We asked UI students, “Do you feel ready to be back to school after Thanksgiving break?”
Paxton Corey
Students walk past the “brain rock” on the busy T. Anne Cleary Walkway Wednesday Sep 6, 2017.(Paxton Corey/The Daily Iowan)

Anna Thompson

UI junior

“Yeah, I’m ready to be back at school after break, I feel that break is a bit too long. I would rather have a shorter fall break instead.”

Madison Krause

UI freshman

“I was ready to come back, but now that I’m here I’m kinda just, like, not in the school mode. But for the most part I feel prepared for all my exams and everything.”

Nick Corrley

UI senior

“Kind of, but I feel like where I left off from my classes and my professors did really well at leaving me prepared for coming back from break and preparing for finals, so I guess I’d say yeah.”

Ramya Ravi

UI senior

“I don’t feel as quite ready as I thought I should. I planned to study over break and I didn’t.”

Sara Nerzirevic

UI junior

“I was kinda ready to be back. I mean I feel like I ate too much food and thats why I’m here right now at the gym. And my parents ask me too many questions so I felt like I had to get out of there.”