Harmony Hauser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, asks a question during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Photos: Iowa City bail-bondsman slaying update press conference (11/20/17)

Iowa City Police Cpt. Troy Kelsay (second from left) stands next to Iowa City Mayor Jim Throgmorton (in gray) during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa City Police Sgt. Scott Gaarde speaks during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa City Police Chief Jody Matherly speaks during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Harmony Hauser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, holds hands with a supporter speaks during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness speaks during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Harmony Hauser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, grieves during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Family members console Harmony Hauser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness (left) speaks while Iowa City Police Sgt. Scott Gaarde listens to questions during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Harmony Houser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, asks a question during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Harmony Hauser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, receives a court document from Johnson County Attorney Janet Lyness during a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Harmony Hauser, Johnathan Wieseler's fiancé, speaks to members of the media after a press conference in City Hall on Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. Iowa City Police Department and the Johnson County Attorney’s Office announced that Curtis Cortez Jones will be charged with first degree murder in the murder of Jonathan Wieseler. Jones is currently in the Johnson County Jail awaiting trial for the Ricky Lillie homicide. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)