Defense attorney Douglas Davis speaks with Curtis Jones during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Curtis Jones case-management conference (11/17/17)

Curtis Jones sits before a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Douglas Davis greets Curtis Jones during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Defense attorney Nekeidra Tucker speaks with prosecutors during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Judge Chad Kempros speaks during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Curtis Jones listens to his defense during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
State prosecutor Mike Ringle listens during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Restraints secure Curtis Jones' feet during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Curtis Jones speaks with his new defense during a case-management conference for Curtis Jones in the Johnson County courthouse on Friday, Nov. 17, 2017. Jones is being charged with first-degree murder in connection with the slaying of cab driver Ricky Lillie and first-degree robbery. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)