In Their Own Words: Netflix fires Kevin Spacey

In recent weeks, explosive sexual harassment and assault allegations have shocked Hollywood. Netflix officially cut ties with actor Kevin Spacey after multiple men accused the House of Cards star of sexual misconduct. We asked people on campus, “How do you feel about Netflix firing Kevin Spacey in light of sexual misconduct allegations?”
TNS
Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright in “House of Cards,” which will be ending with its upcoming sixth season. (Netflix)

Hao Qin Business major “If they have enough evidence he should be fired, if they do not it was a poor decision by Netflix and ‘House of Cards.’ ”
Bolin Wang Business major “If he actually did it he should be fired, otherwise he should still be in the show. If he is fired the show will be bad.”
Aysia Norris Human physiology “It was for the best that he was fired and it was a good move by Netflix to stick up for the accused person and stop the abuse of power in Hollywood.”

Casey reed Finance major “They should have waited till the investigation was over. If he is guilty he should be fired. Kevin Spacey probably won’t have a career anymore.”
Matt Kelly Human physiology “If they have enough evidence he should be fired, if they do not it was a poor decision by Netflix and ‘House of Cards.’ ”