In Their Own Words: Do you plan on voting in the Iowa City City Council elections?

City elections are Nov. 7. In Iowa City, five candidates will compete for three four-year terms on the City Council, three hopefuls for two at-large seats and two for the District B seat. We asked people on campus, “Do you know anything about the City Council candidates, and do you plan on voting?”

FILE - Iowa City City Hall is seen on Tuesday, April 18, 2017. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

The Daily Iowan; Photos by Josep

Ava Stipanovich

UI sophomore

“No, I’m not voting in the election because I’m not informed about it.”

Chris Leanos

UI sophomore

“I’m not voting because I haven’t really learned anything about it or been active in it. So I don’t feel like I should vote.”

Morgan Brown

UI sophomore

“I don’t really know anything about it, because I’ve been so busy with classes. I don’t know, I haven’t seen any posters or anything.”

Tiffany Bui

UI sophomore

“No, I’m not. I haven’t heard much about it, and I want to know what my vote would be counted for, so I’m just not going to do it.”

• In Their Own Words: Do you plan on voting in the Iowa City City Council elections?

In Their Own Words

In their own words: Hawkeyes react to Steve Wynn controversy

In Their Own Words

In their own words: Hawkeyes’ views on government shutdown, DACA

In Their Own Words

In their own words: Hawkeyes comment on the State of the Union

In Their Own Words

Reader comments: January 2018

In Their Own Words

In Their Own Words: What are your thoughts on a lawsuit between the UI and a Christian student group?

In Their Own Words

In their own words: Iowa City named state’s drunkest city

In Their Own Words

In Their Own Words: Renting apartments in Iowa City

In Their Own Words

In Their Own Words: City Council housing debate impacts students

In Their Own Words

In Their Own Words: What do you think about the Summer Hawk Tuition Grant going away?

In Their Own Words

In their own words: Are you filling out course evaluations?