The Daily Break (10/19/17)

HOROSCOPES

ARIES (March 21-April 19): You’ll be unpredictable and easily sidetracked. Plant your feet firmly on the ground and refuse to make a last-minute decision that has the potential to lead you into a predicament that can cause emotional upset. 3 stars

TAURUS (April 20-May 20): You’ll be pulled into something questionable if you let your emotions take over, causing you to give in to someone who is asking too much of you. Back away before it ends up costing you emotionally or financially. 3 stars

GEMINI (May 21-June 20): A change at work will turn in your favor. Do everything in your power to equalize your position with upper management. An important partnership will flourish if you choose charm rather than force to get what you want. 5 stars

CANCER (June 21-July 22): Family and friends will bring out the best in you. You’ll be motivated by what others have to say. A short trip or a learning experience will make you see things differently from what you thought was possible. Speak up. 5 stars

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22): Moderation will be necessary if you don’t want to upset someone close to you. Say little but do a lot to show your appreciation. A personal change to the way you treat someone will have an impact on your relationship. 4 stars

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22): A deal will not be as good as it appears. Look for any flaws before you invest in something you know little about. Stay focused on your responsibilities and finding ways to increase your income. Think big and be creative, but remain prudent. 3 stars

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22): A creative approach will help you hold the attention of whomever you are dealing with. Your vision will be remarkable. Sharing how you see situations unfolding will give hope to those with less insight. Take a position of leadership. 3 stars

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21): Look for any opportunity to get ahead professionally or financially. Look over settlements, investments and matters that can influence your health. Don’t fear being different. Do your own thing and you will get the greatest satisfaction. 3 stars

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21): Put everything you’ve got into bringing about positive change. Someone will have interesting ideas, but that doesn’t mean you should deviate from your plans. Follow your gut feeling and make the changes you see fit. Romance is in the stars. 4 stars

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19): Communication will be met with discord. If you can’t agree, it may be best to walk away. Put your time, energy and commitment into something tangible that will bring you something in return. Think big but stick to basics. 2 stars

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): Make a commitment to spend more time with someone you love. Show how much you care and you will enjoy what you receive in return. Now is not the time to overreact. Offer love and affection and live in the moment. 5 stars

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): You’ll be tempted to invest in something that isn’t likely to pay the rewards you are expecting. A cautious approach will save you from loss. Explore other possibilities, but don’t feel like you have to make an impulsive decision. 3 stars

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

From Iowa to Israel: The search for my Jewish identity

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

Mayflower operates at 60% capacity to give returners on-campus living space

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

UI cystic-fibrosis research team awarded $11.5 million grant

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

UI students petition for birth control

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

UI faculty promoting healthier habits to reduce Iowa’s high obesity rate

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

New Iowa City animal services coordinator named

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

UIHC Stead Youth Advisory Council celebrates 20 years of making care better

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

Fourth Magnet designation for excellence granted to UI nursing program

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

Cedar Rapids man accused of eluding officers after going 107 mph on highway

• The Daily Break (10/19/17)

Blotter: Sept. 24