Kinnick renovations receive additional $14 million in support from donors

Fans cheer during Iowa’s game against Penn State at Kinnick Stadium on Sept. 23, 2017. Penn State defeated Iowa 21-19 on a last second touchdown past. (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)

The Kinnick Edge Campaign has received an additional $14 million in support from donors according to a press release from the UI Center for Advancement. Donations to the University of Iowa Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has lead the campaign closer to its goal of $25 million.

The plans for the project include increases in restrooms, concessions, elevators, and the addition of 1,570 outdoor club seats that will include access to the new Ted Pacha Family Club on the club level. The plan will also add a new video board similar in screen size to the current video board on the south end.

The project will cost an estimated $89 million and will be completely funded through private donations and athletic departmental revenues which receives no state tax dollars.

The project began before the current season and is scheduled to be completed before the 2019 season. Razing of the north end will take place after the completion of this season.

The UI Center for Advancement recognized donors who made significant gifts to the project including Ted and Deb Pacha of Iowa City who have committed $5 million dollars to the project said an announcement from the UI Foundation.

— by Emily Wangen