Flipping the circus fantastique

Flip FabriQue is for audiences of all ages, and includes acrobatics, a trampo-wall, and other circus-like events.

The aroma of popcorn fills the air, and music drowns out the background of murmuring voices in the audience. The anticipation builds as the audience waits for the show to begin, excited about the wonders that will soon begin. The curtains rise, and the lights dim.

Let the show begin.

While circuses have provided delight for people over the past few centuries, contemporaries have sprouted in the past few decades.

Cirque du Soleil and Cirque Éloize are two contemporary circus companies that Hancher has presented before.

Flip FabriQue will feature a variety of acts, including gravity-defying acrobatics, good humor, a trampo-wall, and much more from your traditional circus era. “Catch Me!” emphasizes such themes as joy, playfulness, and friendship. The show is well known for its ability to delight people of all ages and is a wonderful example of the contemporary circus.

“We’ve presented quite a number of circus companies over the course of Hancher’s history — from more traditional circuses in the early days of the organization to more contemporary circus like Flip FabriQue represents,” said Rob Cline, the Hancher director of marketing and communications. “Last year, we presented Circus Oz, and later this season, we’ll present Circa, performing two different shows while it is in town.”

A few members from Flip FabriQue are seasoned performers from Cirque du Soleil and Cirque Éloize. Hancher has presented these groups in the past, but that does not make Flip FabriQue a “knockoff” of the well-known companies. Each circus company acquires its own personality, and each group has something different to offer. Perhaps that is what makes the circus so appealing.

What: Catch Me!

Where: Hancher Auditorium

When: Sep 28, 7:30 pm