Professor Emeritus Paul Retish presents a selection of his collection of antiques maps during an Iowa Bibliophiles event at the Main Library Special Collections. Retish taught in the University of Iowa’s College of Education. He began collecting maps more than 40 years ago and used maps as a tool in special-education classrooms, his specialty in the college. Iowa Bibliophiles meets the second Tuesday of every month during the academic year and uses a theme connecting with the collection of rare books and printed materials. (Nick Rohlman/The Daily Iowan)

Today’s Photos (09/13/17)

Sgt. Derek Frank of the Iowa City Police Department patrols Highway 6 on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. Sgt. Frank has been serving with the ICPD for 19 years. (James Year/The Daily Iowan)

New equipment is shown during an open house for the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics Heart and Vascular Center on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. The project began in 2012 with a planning period under the direction of Clinical Director, Elizabeth Moore RN. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Catherine Pierce, Chief of Operations for the Heart and Vascular Center, sits inside the Nuclear Imaging room during an open house at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. The project began in 2012 with a planning period under the direction of Clinical Director, Elizabeth Moore RN. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Professor Motier Haskins of the UI School of Social Work speaks at the Cup O' Justice kickoff event "Racism in Muslim Communities" in the IMU on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. Haskins spoke about distinctions in racism between Muslim countries and in America. (Lily Smith/The Daily Iowan)

West High seniors Traevis Buchanan and Andre White put "W" stickers on their helmets after a West High 4A Mississippi Valley Conference high school football practice at West High on Wednesday, Sept. 13, 2017. The Trojans are 3-0 heading into their cross-town rivalry with 1-2 City High. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)