Iowa's Anthony Nelson (98) and Barrington Wade (35) walk onto the field during the game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. The current score in the 3rd quarter was 21-17. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Football vs. Iowa State (Cy-Hawk Series)

The Iowa corn mascot suits up before the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

A cheerleader is seen during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

A military member is recognized after the National Anthem at the Cy-Hawk game in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Kirk Ferentz and the Hawkeyes prepare to storm the field during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa's Anthony Nelson (98) and Barrington Wade (35) walk onto the field during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa kicker Miguel Recinos kicks a PAT during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa fullback Drake Kulick catches a sideline pass during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa linebacker Jose Jewell (43) tackles Iowa State wide receiver Hakeem Butler (18) during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa defensive lineman Matt Nelson is seen on the line of scrimmage during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa State wide receiver Hakeem Butler celebrates a touchdown during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

An Iowa State fan celebrates in the student section of Jack Trice Stadium during the Cy-Hawk game on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

The Iowa defensive line attempts to block a PAT by Iowa State during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Fans cheer and hold up an Iowa State flag during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa's Jake Gervase (30), Joshua Jackson (15), and Michael Ojemudia (11) run off the field during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa running back Akrum Wadley fields a block during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa and Iowa State linemen block each other during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa State marching band members take to the field during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)e

Iowa quarterbacks coach Ken O'Keefe talks with players during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

A member of the Iowa marching band cheers after a touchdown during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa quarterback Nathan Stanley narrowly avoids a block from Iowa State linebacker Willie Harvey during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa running back Akrum Wadley breaks a tackle during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa running back Akrum Wadley runs into the end zone during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa defensive back Michael Ojemudia breaks up a pass to Allen Lazard in the end zone during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa running back James Butler takes a handoff during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa's James Butler is tackled by Iowa State defensive players during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa quarterback Nathan Stanley throws a pass during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa's Ihmir Smith-Marsette avoids tackles during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017.  (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa linebacker Ben Niemann cools off on the sideline during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa cheerleaders and band members cheer from the stands during the Cy-Hawk game at Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa wide receiver Ihmir Smith-Marsette makes a diving catch in the end zone during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa cheerleaders run with flags after a touchdown during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa players celebrate after the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa players celebrate with the Cy-Hawk trophy during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Iowa quarterback Nathan Stanley shakes hands with Iowa States' Willie Harvey during the Iowa/Iowa State game for the Cy-Hawk trophy in Jack Trice Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 9, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)