Ames High players celebrate during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1.

City High vs. Ames High Little Cy-Hawk 4A Football

City High's Chris Johnson and Zach Jones wait back for a kickoff during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames waits to snap a ball during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames wide receiver Colton Liams gestures at the line during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames running back Martell Davis runs a ball upfield during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames wide receiver Bernard Bell celebrates a touchdown during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames cheerleaders wave to fans during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High wide receiver Zach Jones gets tackled by Ames offensive linemen Christopher Fowlers during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High quarterback Quincy Wells attempts to throw a ball away while getting tackled during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High coach Dan Sabers gestures to players during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
An official runs to a play during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High wide receiver Zach Jones catches a pass for a successful 2-point conversion during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames players huddle up going into a timeout during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa State drum major Elena Foster gestures at halftime during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames students cheer in the student section during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames defensive back Josiah Engelken punts during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames quarterback Tynan Shahidi rolls out to pass during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames wide receiver Tynan Shahidi stiff arms City High's Maxwell DePrenger during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames wide receiver Tynan Shahidi celebrates with teammates during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Officials watch a PTA clear the uprights during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High wide receiver Zach Jones drops a return during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High quarterback Bryce Hunger sits on the bench during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High head coach Dan Sabers and Ames High head coach Bruce Vertanen shake hands during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Ames players celebrate during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High players walk back to the locker room after losing a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Young Ames fans high-five players during a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
City High head coach Dan Sabers thanks cheerleaders after a 4A football game between City High and Ames for the Little Cy-Hawk trophy at Ames High in Ames on Friday, Sept. 8, 2017. The Little Cyclones defeated the Little Hawks for the second year in a row, 56-33. The Little Cyclones now lead the series 3-1. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)