Iowa third basemen Grant Judkins runs to first during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

USA National Team tops final Stateside foe before heading to Taipei

Facebooktwittergoogle_plusredditpinterestlinkedinmail

Officials open up a bucket of game balls before a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The balls the team used during their final stateside game were the same style as the ones they will use in the World University Games. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa players wait in the dugout during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa players stand for the National Anthem during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City first basemen Austin Pim bats during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa third basemen Grant Judkins gets hit by a pitch during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa third basemen Grant Judkins leads off of second during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa third basemen Grant Judkins (7) celebrates in the dugout with teammates during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa pitcher Brady Schanuel chews gum during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa pitcher Brady Schanuel pitches during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa second basemen Zion Pettigrew throws to the pitcher during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
A young fan runs with a stray bat that slipped out of the hands of an Iowa batter that flew into the stands during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City's catcher adjusts his face mask during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa third basemen Grant Judkins steals towards second during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City outfielder throws during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City gets a new pitcher during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City outfielders rest in center field while a new pitcher warms up during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City outfielder Carter Amundsen leaps to catch a ball during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa outfielder Ben Norman bats during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Quad City second basemen Braeden Brown commits an error during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa outfielder Luke Farley makes a leaping catch during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa catcher Brett McCleary runs to cover first during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa pitcher Kole Kampen pitches during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa head coach Rick Heller talks with players during a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa players celebrate after a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
Players make their way out of the locker room after a baseball game between the Iowa Hawkeyes representing the United States as the USA National Team and the Quad City Cardinals at Duane Banks Field on Thursday, Aug. 10, 2017. The Hawkeyes will travel to the World University Games in Taipei, Taiwan, from Aug. 19-30. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

Daily Iowan TV