Big Ten Media Days: Highlights from Wisconsin HC Paul Chryst

Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst speaks during the Big Ten Media Days at McCormick Place Convention Center in Chicago on Monday, July 24, 2017. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)

By Courtney Baumann | [email protected]

Wisconsin head coach Paul Chryst spoke to members of the media at the Big Ten Media Days to discuss the upcoming 2017-2018 season.
  • On new defensive coordinator Jim Leonhard: “We’re excited that Jim is coordinating our defense… Our players are used to transitions.”
  • “I like this team and this group. We’ve got a lot of guys that have played in a number of big games… We got a really good senior class.”
  • Chryst is 21-6 in his tenure: “We’ve had really good players.”
  • “Certainly a ton of respect for Ohio State.” Said he does want to focus on all the talk because “it doesn’t really matter.”
  • “There’s a lot of really good football teams in this conference. That’s what makes the Big Ten special… Very thankful to be a part of the Big Ten.”
  • On Wisconsin’s strong recruiting class for 2018: “We’re always going to start in Wisconsin.”
  • More on recruiting: “It’s really about the individuals finding the right fit.”