Today’s Photos (07/17/17)

UI senior Brian Goodell studying biology, right, returns a ball while playing tennis with Adam Kirkey, back, and Corey Ringle (not pictured) in lower City Park on Monday, July 17, 2017. The group tries to play tennis five times a week. “[City Park] is close to where we all live, and it’s nice to play for free. I think especially a lot of college students don’t know the city’s facilities like this,” Corey Ringle, a recent UI graduate majoring in education said, “Most of the people I talk to say they don’t even know there’s tennis courts down here, they just thought it was grass.” The 107.3 acre park was acquired in 1906 by the city. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)
A young community member gets their face painted inside the Johnson County Administration Building during the Community ID Two Year Anniversary Party on Monday, July 17, 2017. A Community ID is a government issued identification card that can be obtained through Johnson County. The card enables members of the diverse community throughout the county to participate in events that require official identification. Currently there have been roughly 1,100 issued to the Johnson County community. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)
Two Johnson County residents stand at the Voter Registration desk inside the Johnson County Administration Building during the Community ID Two Year Anniversary Party on Monday, July 17, 2017. A Community ID is a government issued identification card that can be obtained through Johnson County. The card enables members of the diverse community throughout the county to participate in events that require official identification. Currently there have been roughly 1,100 issued to the Johnson County community. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)
Mazahir Salih from the Center for Workers Justice speaks inside the Johnson County Administration Building during the Community ID Two Year Anniversary Party on Monday, July 17, 2017. A Community ID is a government issued identification card that can be obtained through Johnson County. (Ben Smith/The Daily Iowan)
Iowa City Mayor Jim Throgmorton holds up a map charting police responses to firework calls during a joint entity meeting in the county Health and Human Services Building on Monday, July 17, 2017. Throgmorton said the city had spent more than 100 hours responding to 453 fireworks calls as of July 8. (Joseph Cress/The Daily Iowan)