Prime Time players drafted

After the Wednesday draft, the Iowa men\’s basketball players are now set for the Prime Time League and look forward to their game opener on June 18.
Dom Uhl drives towards the hoop during a Prime Time League basketball game at the North Liberty Community Center on Thursday, July 7, 2016. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

By Jess Westendorf

Dear Hawkeye fans, this is what you have been waiting for.

The annual summer basketball men’s Prime Time League draft results have been released.

The Hawkeyes have been placed two per team along with players from Northern Iowa and other college-skilled stars.

Tyler Cook and Dom Uhl

The first pairing showcases two of Iowa’s physical forwards.

Sophomore Tyler Cook had an impressive freshman season and quickly became an essential part of the Hawkeye team. He eyes another season as one of the Prime Time League’s stars.

The 6-9 forward was a star in his 26 starts this past season, and once he makes his way to the rim, it’s over.

As for senior Dom Uhl, he can use this opportunity to find his groove and work on his consistency on the court. The native of Frankfort, Germany, native participated in last year’s Prime Time League, and he has the ability to make shots and swat away attempts, but can he do it all in one game?

What will his shot look like, and will he find some momentum to carry him through the summer?

Nicholas Baer and Isaiah Moss

Junior Nicholas Baer and sophomore Isaiah Moss are solid players in the Hawkeye lineup; the same will be true for Prime Time.

Baer played in last year’s summer league and averaged 21.5 points while leading the league with 12.2 rebounds.

Moss averaged 22 points in last year’s summer league, putting him at third in the league.

This summer will be a chance for both Baer and Moss to work their way up the leader board in stats.

RELATED: Game Time cancels summer league

Jordan Bohannon and Ryan Kriener

Sophomore guard, Jordan Bohannon probably won’t have to battle it out for game-time minutes.

He has the ability to make big shots — that was on display this past season as he became Iowa’s top playmaker.

The 6-9-sophomore forward Ryan Kriener will also make a trip back to Prime Time this summer. Last summer, Kriener finished with 8.3 rebounds, the eighth best overall. This summer he has a chance to show his ability to make shots and also hone in defensively.

In Iowa’s regular season, Kriener led the team in blocked shots three times and notched himself 5 or more rebounds four times. 

Luka Garza and Maishe Dailey

Newcomer Luka Garza could be exactly what Iowa needs, and Prime Time is where he can put it all on display.

Garza is a 6-11 center who is said to be agile and physical, something the Hawkeyes have not had since Adam Woodbury.

The biggest question that most fans should be asking is, can he make an immediate impact for Iowa in back-and-forth Big Ten?

As for sophomore guard, Maishe Dailey, Prime Time will be the perfect opportunity for him put his abilities on display and make a name for himself.

Jack Nunge and Brady Ellingson

Another veteran will be paired with a possibly essential incoming freshman.

Freshman Jack Nunge, a versatile player will play on the same team as junior Brady Ellingson.

Ellingson, a shooting guard, had a nice showing last winter. He can knock down a shot, while protecting the basketball, which for some can be hard.

Nunge, on the other hand, will be put on display for the first time. One thing to be on the lookout for is his capability to make shots from beyond the 3-point line.

Ahmad Wagner and Christian Williams

The final pair is junior forward Ahmad Wagner and junior point-guard Christian Williams.

Last summer, Williams went into the summer league as Iowa’s top point-guard, but that all changed when he was placed on the same team as Bohannon.

Williams lost his job in the league and had to fight for game minutes; it wasn’t until later on in the summer that he found a defensive force inside to gain some game minutes.

Wagner earned the most improved player award after he started 18 of 34 games in Iowa’s regular season. He recorded 12 points four times, and this would be the perfect time for him to put everything he has on the court.