Today’s Photos (05/02/17)

The Daily Iowan; Photos by James
A drag queen successfully lands a backflip in high-heels during the Miss Pickle Iowa Pride Week Fundraiser event at Studio 13 in Iowa City on Wednesday, April 30, 2017. The event featured multiple contestants with support from multiple bars in Iowa City. A full slideshow of the event can be seen on daily-iowan.com/slideshows/. (The Daily Iowan/James Year)
Iowa pitcher Cole McDonald throws the pitch at Duane Banks Field on Wednesday, April 13, 2016. Mason McCoy hits for the cycle in the Hawkeyes win over the Falcons 22-2. (The Daly Iowan/ Alex Kroeze)
Iowa pitcher Shayla Starkenburg pitches the ball during game three of the Iowa-Minnesota game at Bob Pearl Field on Sunday, May 8, 2016. The Hawkeyes lost to the Golden Gophers, 12-0 in five innings. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)
Chef and Owner of Motley Cow Cafe, David Wieseneck, poses for a portrait in front of the kitchen. Wieseneck has owned Motley Cow for 15 years and is closing shop around June 17. (The Daily Iowan/Ben Smith)
Iowa’s Ryan Erickson pitches during game two of the Iowa-Penn State baseball series at Duane Banks Field on Friday, April 28, 2017. The Hawkeyes swept the rain delayed, late night double header, 4-2 and 8-2, respectively. (The Daily Iowan/Lily Smith)