Men’s gymnasts host Senior Night

Iowa gymnast Andrew Botto performs on the parallel bars in the Field House at the Black and Gold Men’s Gymnastics Intrasquad on Saturday, Dec. 5, 2015. Team Gold beat Team Black, 253.250-252.600. (The Daily Iowan/Courtney Hawkins)

The No. 8 Iowa men’s gymnastics team will host Big Ten rival No. 7 Nebraska tonight at 6 p.m. in Carver-Hawkeye Arena for Senior Night.

Iowa will recognize four seniors tonight after the meet – Andrew Botto, Mark Springett, David Spanier and Cory Paterson.

The first 100 fans will also receive a black Iowa men’s gymnastics t-shirt in honor of Senior Night.

Three of Iowa’s seniors have been ranked throughout this season on at least one event.

Botto is tied for 10th on vault with a 14.667 as well as ranked 13th on the all-around and tied for 19th on rings. Botto has stepped up and taken control for the Hawkeyes to lead the team.

He is one of the team captains and has proved to work hard to bring home titles for the Hawkeyes.

Springett has also stayed in the rankings spotlight. He is tied for 17th on floor with a 14.183 as well as ranked No. 28 on rings with an average score of 13.917.

Paterson rounds out the seniors and is ranked No. 27 on high bar with an average of 13.800.

This meet will not only be the last meet for all four seniors inside Carver-Hawkeye Arena but also the last home meet of the season for the Hawkeyes.

Iowa is 1-2 this season at home. It defeated UIC on Jan. 22 but fell to Oklahoma and Minnesota in its home tri-meet on Feb. 10.

After tonight’s meet against Nebraska, Iowa has only one regular season meet left against Penn State before the Big Ten Championships in Champaign, Illinois on April 7-8.

-Jess Westendorf