Kennedy, White out as football coaches

Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz tells the players to run on the field to start the Iowa-Miami (Ohio) game at Kinnick on Saturday, Sept. 3, 2017. The Hawkeyes defeated the Redhawks, 45-21. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

Iowa head coach Kirk Ferentz announced more changes to his coaching staff on Jan. 12, just days after he hired his son, Brian, as the new offensive coordinator for the Hawkeyes.

Bobby Kennedy, who has served as the wide-receiver coach since 2013, and Chris White, who has been the running-back and special-team coach since 2013, will no longer be with the team effective immediately.

“I want to thank Coach Kennedy and Coach White for their efforts and contributions to the University of Iowa and our Hawkeye football program,” Ferentz said in a release. “I wish Bobby and Chris the very best as they move forward in their coaching careers.”

No replacements have been made yet. The release announcing the change said a nationwide search would start immediately to fill the positions, so they will not necessarily be filled in-house.

— Blake Dowson