UI students study in the Main Library on Thursday night. Many students remain in Iowa City to complete finals and shiver before heading home for winter break. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

Today’s Photos (12/16/16)

Iowa guard Peter Jok dribbles past Seton Hall forward Angel Delgado during a basketball game in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Thursday, Nov. 17, 2016. The Pirates defeated the Hawkeyes, 91-83, in Iowa City. (The Daily Iowan/Joseph Cress)

Jim Leach speaks at a luncheon program on Thursday, Dec. 15, 2016. Leach joined the Iowa College of Law, and is best known for his 30 years of service as a representative in Congress; heading the Banking and Financial Services Committee, the Subcommittee on Asian and Pacific Affairs, and the Congressional-Executive Commission on China. (The Daily Iowan/Olivia Sun)

Hannah Schonhardt, Taylor Hagen of the Panthers and Megan Gustafson and Bre Cera of the Hawkeyes try to get possession of a rebound at the Carver-Hawkeye Arena on December 4,2016. The Hawkeyes defeated the Northern Iowa Panthers 88-39. (The Daily Iowan/Osama Khalid)

Iowa forward Tyler Cook tries to get control of the ball at the jump off during the Iowa v. Texas Rio Grande Valley basketball game at the Carver-Hawkeye Arena, in Iowa City, Iowa  on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016. The Hawkeyes beat the Vaqueros 95-67.(The Daily Iowan/Anthony Vazquez)

Iowa forward Tyler Cook tries to get control of the ball at the jump off during the Iowa v. Texas Rio Grande Valley basketball game at the Carver-Hawkeye Arena, in Iowa City, Iowa on Sunday, Nov. 20, 2016. The Hawkeyes beat the Vaqueros 95-67.(The Daily Iowan/Anthony Vazquez)

Iowa 149-pounder Brandon Sorensen wrestles Iowa State's Chase Straw during the Iowa-Iowa State match in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016. Sorensen defeated Straw with 11-3 decision. Iowa defeated Iowa State, 26-9. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

Iowa 149-pounder Brandon Sorensen wrestles Iowa State’s Chase Straw during the Iowa-Iowa State match in Carver-Hawkeye Arena on Saturday, Dec. 10, 2016. Sorensen defeated Straw with 11-3 decision. Iowa defeated Iowa State, 26-9. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)