Today’s Photos (09/27/16)

Three city workers stand behind flood barriers as the Cedar River continues to rise in Cedar Rapids on Monday, Sep. 26, 2016. The river is expected to crest at 23 feet on Tuesday, 11 feet above flood stage, as predicted by The National Weather Service while the flood record which was set in 2008 will remain at 31.12 feet. (The Daily Iowan/Brooklynn Kascel)
092716-canstruction-sb
UI freshman Reece Smith teams up with other fraternity and sorority members to compete against other teams in a week long can structure building contest for the IMU food pantry on Monday September 26, 2016 in Hubbard Commons. Each can structure either represents some aspect of the University and University life or their own theme. (The Daily Iowan/Simone Banks-Mackey)
092716-watchparty-jg
University of Iowa students gather to watch the second presidential debate between Senator Hilary Clinton and Donald Trump on Monday, Sept 26. Domestic issues such as immigration and job growth were the topics covered. (The Daily Iowan/Jordan Gale)
092716-football-mmk
Iowa’s Bo Bower and Josey Jewell celebrate preventing a Rutgers TD at High Point Solution Stadium in Piscataway, New Jersey, on Sept. 24. The Hawkeyes squeaked by the Knights, 14-7. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)