Studer: Trump getting ready to lose

Samuel Studer

Donald Trump is getting ready for his race to be over. Yet, he isn’t preparing for victory, but he’s preparing to lose. He is getting into the mindset that Hilary Clinton has the powerful numbers to overpower him. The way that his attitude has switched in the past few weeks has been very evident.

We have all heard the stories in which Trump says he is confident that he is going to win the election. Yet, he is not selling anything but himself. Do his polices really make that much sense for the United States? Now, Trump is coming up with excuses on why he will lose. According to CNN, Trump said, “I’m afraid the election’s going to be rigged. I have to be honest.” Not only that but his social-media presence has shown that he is not very happy about how news organizations are making him look.

Trump is put in a bad light because he cannot keep a solid stance and has a bad temper. His race might have been different if he hadn’t been covered in the media. Trump makes errors for everyone to see, then tries to change his stance. He has been able to have a strong connection with his supporters. This is something that has kept him in the race for this long. People are looking for something different. They do not want to continue down the path that has brought us to war. I do have to admit Trump has a disadvantage because the media are only focused on him. They are not showing all the people who attend his rallies.

Clinton might be faced with different challenges. She is trivialized because she is a female politician, and we focus on little details. Details that can include what she is wearing. Yet, she has been able to handle the limelight while continuing her campaign.

Both presidential candidates have faced major issues in this race. Trump’s issues are sometimes brought to more light, but he still does not have what it takes to be president. Trump puts the United States in a very bad light. He loses his temper and cracks under pressure. Article titles all over the internet have shown his true colors. “Spoiled Donald Trump Throws a Temper Tantrum After Losing” (Alterner.org) “The Dangerous Anger of Donald Trump” (Washington Post).

I have spent time traveling this summer, and throughout Europe people laugh when Trump is mentioned. We do not want someone like this representing our country. We need to look good on a global scale. Other nations must respect what the United States has to say.

Trump needs to admit defeat and approach it in a relaxed manner. Many presidential candidates understand when they have lost. When the general public is leaning one way you know your fate. In the last few weeks, Trump has started to understand that he will not be able to be president. Now he just needs to take it in stride and stop making excuses.