Hawks in the NFL: Week 6

AP
New Orleans Saints quarterback Drew Brees (9) works as Atlanta Falcons defensive end Adrian Clayborn (99) pursues during the first half of an NFL football game, Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015, in New Orleans. (AP Photo/Gerald Herbert)

Check out what former Hawkeyes are doing in the NFL in this weekly segment.

By Charlie Green

Jonathan Babineaux, DT, Atlanta Falcons

Babineux recorded one tackle for the Falcons as they dropped their first game of 2015 31-21 to New Orleans.

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Green Bay Packers

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was sacked three times in the win over San Diego. That said, Green Bay averaged 7.6 yards per offensive play.

Scott Chandler, TE, New England Patriots

Chandler had two catches for 39 yards as the Patriots stayed undefeated with their win over the Colts.

Adrian Clayborn, DE, Atlanta Falcons

Recorded his second sack of 2015 in loss to the Saints.

Colin Cole, DL, Carolina Panthers

The Panthers stayed undefeated with their win in Seattle, but Cole had little impact.

Carl Davis, DL, Baltimore Ravens

The Ravens are 1-5, and Davis isn’t seeing the field on defense too often.

Andrew Donnal, OT, St. Louis Rams

Won’t play unless injuries demand it.

Mike Daniels, DE, Green Bay Packers

Credited with 0.5 sacks, Daniels and Green Bay’s front seven stifled San Diego in the run, but gave quarterback Phillip Rivers a lot of time to throw from the pocket.

James Ferentz, C, Denver Broncos

Reserve duty for Ferentz.

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Houston Texans

Fiedorowicz had one catch in Houston’s win over Jacksonville. This season he has seven for 74 yards (after having four for 28 in 2014).

Bradley Fletcher, CB, FA

Pro Football Focus actually rated Fletcher as an above average corner before the season. Now, the former Hawkeye is looking for work.

Chad Greenway, LB, Minnesota Vikings

The Vikes might be phasing Greenway out in Minnesota for younger, cheaper talent. The veteran recorded no tackles in Sunday’s win over Kansas City.

Anthony Hitchens, LB, Dallas Cowboys

Bye week for the Cowboys.

Micah Hyde, DB, Green Bay Packers

Filling in for the injured Morgan Burnett at safety, Hyde led the Packers with nine tackles and kept tight ends Antonio Gates and Ladarius Green relatively contained on Sunday. That said, Rivers threw for over 500 yards on the day.

Christian Kirksey, LB, Cleveland Browns

Nine total tackles for Kirksey on Sunday. The second-year linebacker could see his role increase as the season goes on.

Karl Klug, DE, Tennessee Titans

No tackles for the reserve lineman on Sunday.

Brandon Myers, TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Bye week.

Riley Reiff, OT, Detroit Lions

Congratulations to the Lions, who won their first game of the season on Sunday. The offense put up 546 total yards. Over 400 came through the air, as Matthew Stafford stayed upright for most of the game.

Brandon Scherff, OG, Washington Redskins

Washington ran for just 34 yards against a stout Jets defensive front. If this team can’t run, it won’t have much success in 2015. However, the NFC East is still wide open.

Matt Tobin, OT, Philadelphia Eagles

Plays tonight against the Giants.

Marshal Yanda, OG, Baltimore Ravens

He signed a four-year extension that will keep him in Baltimore through the 2019 season. But right now, the running game in Baltimore is holding back its offense.