The Daily Iowan’s Iowa-Illinois Predictions

Iowa quarterback C.J. Beathrad attempts to throw the ball during the Iowa-Wisconsin game in Camp Randal Stadium on Saturday, Oct. 3, 2014. The Hawkeyes defeated the Badgers, 10-6. (The Daily Iowan/Margaret Kispert)

Iowa and Illinois are set to kick off at 11 a.m. Football reporters Danny Payne and Ryan Rodriguez offer their predictions.

Danny Payne, Pregame Editor: I said it in our Saturday exams, but there’s no reason for Iowa to lose this game. I don’t think the Hawkeyes will, either. They’ll establish the run early, and the defense will keep Wes Lunt in check. Prediction: Iowa 24, Illinois 10.

Pick to Click: Josey Jewell. I think Jewell gets a pick today. And a sack. That’d be good for the Hawks.

Ryan Rodriguez, football reporter: Wes Lunt has a huge arm, but injuries to the Illinois running game may be too much to overcome. Iowa goes into halftime up a score before breaking it open in the second half.

Pick to Click: Nate Meier. The senior defensive end has emerged as one hell of a pass rusher for the Hawks. With Illinois starting a freshman running back, Lunt will look to throw the ball quite a bit. The Hawks will need Meier to bring the pressure all day and keep Lunt from getting into a rhythm.