Hawks in the NFL: Week 3

AP
Minnesota Vikings outside linebacker Chad Greenway (52) runs for a touchdown after an interception of a pass from San Diego Chargers quarterback Philip Rivers (17) in the second half of an NFL football game in Minneapolis, Sunday, Sept. 27, 2015. (AP Photo/Andy Clayton-King)

Check in on the status of former Iowa football players in this weekly segment.

By Charlie Green

Jonathan Babineaux, DT, Atlanta Falcons

The Falcons gave up three rushing touchdowns to Joseph Randle of the Cowboys in the first half, but clamped down in the second en route to a 39-28 win.

Bryan Bulaga, OT, Green Bay Packers

Bulaga is still nursing a knee injury he sustained in practice in Week 2. Don Barclay will be his replacement until his return, and the Packers’ strong line should hold up just fine.

Scott Chandler, TE, New England Patriots

Two catches, 25 yards for Chandler in week three as the Patriots continue to roll.

Adrian Clayborn, DE, Atlanta Falcons

Clayborn recorded his first sack since week 17 of 2013 on Sunday against Dallas.

Colin Cole, DL, Carolina Panthers

The 35-year-old has an extremely limited role in Carolina, and recorded nothing of note in the way of statistics in Sunday’s win over New Orleans.

Carl Davis, DL, Baltimore Ravens

Davis had one assisted tackle as the Ravens fell to the Cincinnati Bengals 28-24.

Andrew Donnal, OT, St. Louis Rams

Won’t play unless injuries demand it.

Mike Daniels, DE, Green Bay Packers

Will be a pivotal piece in the fight to disrupt Jamaal Charles Monday night at Lambeau Field.

James Ferentz, C, Denver Broncos

Reserve duty for Ferentz.

C.J. Fiedorowicz, TE, Houston Texans

Houston won its first game Sunday after a successful day on the ground. Fiedorowicz did nothing in the pass game, but is an asset as a blocker for the rushing attack.

Bradley Fletcher, CB, New England Patriots

Fletcher was ruled inactive in week three after his struggles through the first two weeks. Given the Patriots’ lack of depth at the position, it may be telling of where Fletcher is in his career.

Chad Greenway, LB, Minnesota Vikings

One tackle and an interception returned for a touchdown for Greenway in the Vikings’ dominating win over San Diego.

Anthony Hitchens, LB, Dallas Cowboys

Hitchens had seven total tackles for the ‘Boys on Sunday, finishing third on his team.

Micah Hyde, DB, Green Bay Packers

Plays tonight against Kansas City.

Christian Kirksey, LB, Cleveland Browns

The Browns fell to 1-2, but Kirksey compiled four total tackles and a forced fumble in the effort.

Karl Klug, DE, Tennessee Titans

Klug had a nice game on Sunday, notching three tackles, a sack, and a forced fumble in Tennessee’s loss to the Colts.

Brandon Myers, TE, Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Myers hauled in 3 catches for 18 yards in the absence of starter Austin-Sefarian Jenkins.

Riley Reiff, OT, Detroit Lions

The 0-3 Lions cannot run the football, and as a result Matthew Stafford has attempted the third most passes in the league with little efficiency. Basically, the Lions look like the Lions we came to know and love.

Brandon Scherff, OG, Washington Redskins

Washington struggled to get the run game going in a week three loss to the Giants. Kirk Cousins did throw 49 passes, however, as the Redskins played from behind for much of the game.

Matt Tobin, OT, Philadelphia Eagles

Philadelphia ran the ball well against one of the league’s best defenses in its win over the Jets. Tobin, the offensive line, and running backs rebounded nicely from the week two debacle against Dallas.

Marshal Yanda, OG, Baltimore Ravens

As great as this offensive line is, the Bengals’ front seven was better on Sunday. By holding the Ravens to 26 yards rushing, they forced Joe Flacco to attempt 49 passes. That’s not the type of balance this offense in built to succeed on.

Follow @CharlsGreen on Twitter for news, updates, and analysis about the Iowa football team.