Blake Shelton to host concert in Kinnick

Alyssa Hitchcock
FILE – Fans hold up cards to their faces during the card stunt before the Iowa/Northwestern game in Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, Nov. 1, 2014. The card stunt was in dedication to veterans. The Hawkeyes defeated the Wildcats, 48-7. (The Daily Iowan/Alyssa Hitchcock, file)

Amid the University of Iowa’s annihilation of North Texas Saturday, former Hawkeye Dallas Clark announced that Blake Shelton would headline a concert in Kinnick Stadium next year.

The concert, scheduled to take place on Aug. 27, 2016, will benefit the Native Fund, a nonprofit lead by Clark, will feature other artists, including Morgan Frazier, David Ray, and Iowa quarterback CJ Beathard’s brother, Tucker Beathard.

Tickets are available Oct. 7, with season-ticket holders able to purchase them two days before.

Shelton is an award-winning country artist, most recently known as a coach on the TV show, The Voice.

The event is the latest addition to Kinnick Stadium’s list of events that doesn’t include football. The UI athletic department announced earlier this year that it would host a wrestling meet in the stadium. This summer, an outdoor viewing of “Remember the Titans.” was open to the public.