The Daily Iowan’s Iowa-Pittsburgh Predictions

Iowa C.J. Beathard looks to throw the ball while Iowa offensive lineman Ike Boettger blocks an Illinois State player in Kinnick Stadium on Saturday, Sept. 5, 2015. The Hawkeyes defeated the Redbirds, 31-14.

Football reporters Danny Payne and Charlie Green offer their predictions for Iowa’s game with Pittsburgh.

Danny Payne, Pregame editor

Who is excited about this night game? It’s finally happening, and this should be fun. I see no reason Iowa should lose this game. James Conner isn’t playing, which alone is enough to feel good if you’re an Iowa fan. Give me the Hawkeyes in this one, say, 28-14.

Pick to Click: Desmond King. King didn’t have a great game last weekend in Ames, but he finished very strong. I think the defense scores a touchdown today, and he’ll do it.

Charlie Green, football reporter

Green: Pittsburg’s uncertainty at quarterback is problematic, especially without injured running back James Conner to hand the ball to. Iowa’s defense shuts the Panthers down. Prediction: Iowa 23, Pittsburgh 10.

Pick to Click: Miles Taylor. Taylor makes up for his mistake last week by grabbing Iowa’s second interception of the season and adding couple of big hits to set the tone early.