Today’s Photos (09/08/15)

090715-Feature-MR
The Black Angel is seen at Oakland Cemetery on Monday. The Black Angel is an 8.5 foot tall burial monument built for the Feldevert family in 1912. Since then, it has been the source of many legends in Iowa City, most of which are connected to the mysterious change in color in the monument, turning from a golden bronze to black. (The Daily Iowan/McCall Radavich)
090715-Football-RW
Iowa wide receiver Matt VandeBerg runs in Kinnick Stadium on Sept. 5. The Hawkeyes defeated the Redbirds, 31-14. (The Daily Iowan/Rachael Westergard)
090715-HIllary-JG
Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton stops to take a few photos with attendees at the annual Hawkeye Labor Council AFL-CIO Labor Day Picnic on Monday. Clinton served as secretary of State from 2009-2013. (The Daily Iowan/Jordan Gale)
090715-Mxc-BK
Hawkeye sophomore Michael Melchert and senior Anthony Gregorio move to the front of the pack after the start of the 6K race on Sept. 4 at the Ashton Cross-Country Course. (The Daily Iowan/Brooklynn Kascel)
090715-Omalley-CH
Martin O’Malley speaks at the Iowa City Federation of Labor Picnic in Upper City Park on Monday. O’Malley is running for the 2016 Democratic presidential nomination. (The Daily Iowan/Courtney Hawkins)
090715-Radio-CH
Craig Jarvie of KICI Radio conducts a sound check outside Uptown Bill’s Coffee Shop on Sept. 5. KICI, a noncommercial radio station, will soon launch to fill the need for local media. (The Daily Iowan/ Courtney Hawkins)

090715-Bernie-LB